Do water coolers filter water?
Water coolers do not always filter the water they are dispensing. A standard wall-mounted water cooler features a small tank in the machine that holds water at a cooled temperature allowing the user to receive instant cool water. Devices like this usually dispense water directly from the local water supply with no treatment or filtration.
How do you clean a water cooler?
To clean your water cooler, you should follow this step-by-step method to get the best results:
- First, begin unplugging the cooler and removing the empty water bottle that is fixed. Any remaining water should be drained through the plug.
- Next, remove the spill guard or baffle and clean delicately; these items are also dishwasher safe.
- After this, fill the coolant reservoir with a cleaning solution and, using a long-handled soft brush, begin to scrub the inside.
- Drain the solution through the plugs and rest for up to 5 minutes to clean and avoid corrosion.
- Then, drain the remaining solution through the plugs from the reservoir into a bucket which can then be flushed down the toilet.
- Next, fill the reservoir with clean tap water and then empty again. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times.
- After, assemble the water cooler back to its working configuration and fill it with water.
- Finally, turn your water cooler back on to enjoy your fresh, clean water once again.
How often should water coolers be cleaned?
Generally, it is advised that you clean your water cooler every 6 to 12 months. Cleaning a bottled water cooler is simple and shouldn’t take up much of your time. It is vital to check all the instructions before you begin your clean as hot and cold coolers require different precautions before being cleaned.
Do water coolers come with water?
When it comes to water coolers, there are two different variations you can buy. The first is a bottled version that will come with water bottles attached to the top of the machine. A second type is a machine that can be connected straight into your mains water supply, offering you the same water you would get from the tap just at a lowered temperature.
Where to buy a water cooler?
If you’re looking to buy a new water cooler, the best place to look is at Yell.com . Here you can find the biggest online business directory for your needs. Searching for a water cooler company couldn't be easier. Find local, reputable brands that can offer you the best in water cooling products.
Are water coolers safe?
Water coolers are safe to drink from if they have been sanitised, cleaned, and maintained in the correct way. If your water cooler has not received this proper maintenance, it may cause the water to become contaminated, causing potentially serious health threats.
Are water coolers worth it?
Water coolers are worth it. If you don't want to wait for your water to cool, it can be a convenient way to have a cool drink. They are most practical in an office setting with lots of employees enjoying the cool water, especially if the machine in the office is linked to the water supply rather than the need of buying bottled water each time.