Yorkshire First Aid Academy
Accidents do happen; First Aid First
36a Whitehouse St, Leeds, LS10 1AD Directionshttps://www.yell.com/biz/yorkshire-first-aid-academy-leeds-9858186/#view=map
Why Choose Us?
Accidents do happen; make first aid as your best mate. Safety brings first aid to the uninjured. Give a life second chance. First aid first!
This courses are suitable for people aged 16+ who might need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
It is ideal for organisations whose first aid needs assessment has identified a requirement for someone to hold a current emergency first aid at work qualification. If your needs assessment identifies a requirement for additional first aid training (e.g. due to having employees with a medical condition), we recommend the three day first aid at work course which teaches the skills to recognise and treat a wider range of injuries and medical conditions.
It gives learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
Learners will develop the skills and confidence to help someone who is:
unresponsive and not breathing, including how to use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
unresponsive and breathing
having a seizure
suffering from shock
The course also includes information on:
assessing a casualty
monitoring a casualty
where to get help
accident recording and reporting
The one day course runs from Varied Times each day, with a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions. We recommend that you bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets on site or nearby.
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation. For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions,
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an emergency first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years
This course meets the requirements specified by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Products & Services
First Aid Training
Fire Safety Training
Health and Safety Training
Health and Safety Risk Assessments
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Association Of First Aiders
- The First Aid Industry Body
- Emergency First Aid at Work, Level 2 Award (First Aid Awards Ltd)
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid, Level 3 Award (First Aid Awards Ltd)
- First Aid Risk Assessment - Principles and Practice, Level 2 Award (First Aid Awards Ltd)
- First Aid at Work, Level 3 Award (First Aid Awards Ltd)
- First Aid at Work in Northern Ireland, Level 3 Award (First Aid Awards Ltd)
- Paediatric First Aid, Level 3 Award (First Aid Awards Ltd)
- Health and Safety in the Workplace, Level 3 Award (First Aid Awards Ltd)
- Emergency First Aid At Work, Certificate (The First Aid Industry Body)