South Northumberland Cricket Club Ltd
Roseworth Terrace, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 1LU Directionshttps://www.yell.com/biz/south-northumberland-cricket-club-ltd-newcastle-upon-tyne-2020604/#view=map
South North was founded in 1864. The club was a founder member of the Tyneside Senior League winning the league in four successive years from 1906 to 1909. It moved to its present ground in Gosforth in 1892 when Northumberland entertained the touring Australians (losing by an innings). In 1923 the club members purchased the freehold to the ground for £5,500.
The club joined the newly-formed Northumberland League in 1934 and for 11 seasons between 1924 and 1934 was captained by George Harbottle. George remained a stawart of the club and was President from 1968 to his death in 1998 aged 104.
The post war period yielded the clubs greatest successes, winning the Northumberland League seven times between 1947 and 1967 and again in 1988 and 1997 under the captaincies of Clive Goatman and Ian Gilthorpe respectively and with various cup trophies to adorn the club bar, including the Justsport Trophy in 1999.