Tailors in Central London...
197 Whitecross St, London, EC1Y 8QP Directionshttps://www.yell.com/biz/city-tailors-london-281754/#view=map
Why Choose Us?
Call in to see City Tailors on White Cross Street for an experienced tailoring service...
Here at City Tailors we have been providing high quality, bespoke tailoring and clothing alterations since opening our doors in 1960. We’re able to provide a whole host of tailoring services from our store in Central London, including alterations, redesigns, made to measure suits and much more!
Thanks to our keen eye for detail and careful tailoring we’re able to offer you a service that’s not only quick, but has a fine quality cut and finish that’s sure to make you stand out from the crowd.
We love what we do, and we’ll go to every length to make sure you’re happy with your finished product. With careful measuring and the finest fabrics we’re able to produce a garment that fits around your posture, and is built to last...
Products & Services
Made to Measure Dresses
Made to Measure Suits
While You Wait Tailors
Mother of The Bride Outfits
Wedding Dress Alterations
Bridesmaid Dress Alterations
Atletrations While You Wait
Thanks so much
DRY CLEANING NIGHTMARE! RIP-OFF!1
John the owner of this place is both DISHONEST and RUDE. These are some of the damages to my items which John and his team has caused:
Balenciaga Blouson Jacket - £1000
- Damaged after dry cleaning at CITY TAILORS - collected from store around 30/01/13.
- Holes were made in the jacket - meaning that there is a constant flow or puffs of the stuffing material inside the jacket.
- Owner asked John at CITY TAILORS about the damage. John said that the jacket was quote 'bad quality’, which is clearly not the case since its £1000.
Vintage Petrol Blue Coat - £500
- Damaged after dry cleaning at CITY TAILORS - collected from store 21/05/13 (hard evidence).
- The weavings on the buttons has completely stripped off ALL of the buttons.
- Owner asked John at CITY TAILORS to compensate for the damage. John has made two appointments with John's 'friend' (who manages the dry cleaning business) to meet with owner at the store for compensation. John's 'friend' never turned up. John has not attempted to schedule another appointment.
- John at CITY TAILORS has accused the owner of bringing back the item on 22/05/13 (the day after the item was collected). Suggesting that the owner damaged his own item!? This is a false accusation - the item was brought back for a refund for the dry cleaning cost - after 30mins (hard evidence gathered from receipts).
- The coat and its buttons are impossible to replace. The coat belonged to a stage performer in the 1970s, which explains the cost of the coat. The coat has both valuable monetary and sentimental value to the owner.
Lanvin Tie - £150
- LOST after dry cleaning at CITY TAILORS - bought to store around 26/01/13 (hard evidence to be followed up).
- Owner asked John at CITY TAILORS to iron this tie.
Apart from this dry cleaning night mare, the alterations & repairs costs at City Tailors is madly expensive. I strongly advise you to avoid this place at all costs and please share this review as I don't want you to lose or get your items damaged like I sadly did!