Your search results
- What are the results labelled "These businesses serve..."?
- What do the links with the company details mean?
- How are my results ordered?
- What does the "Send to mobile" link below a company's details do?
What are the results labelled "These businesses serve..."?
The initial results are companies physically located in your search location. At the bottom of the page are more matches—these companies are not physically within your search location but do serve the Yellow Pages directory area that contains your location. For example, if your search location were "Reading" then these results would be those serving the Reading & Newbury Yellow Pages directory area.
Show me a map of Yellow Pages directory areas (new window).
What do the links with the company details mean?
A name, address and telephone number is displayed for each business. Other additional information may include:
- Clicking on the "Website" link next to a company's name will take you to the company's website.
- Clicking on the "Email business" option below a company's details will display a message form that you can complete and send to the company.
- Clicking on the "Map/Directions" option below a listing will take you to a map showing the location of the company. You can also get directions to the company's address from your chosen starting point.
- Clicking on the "Send to mobile" link below a listing sends the company's contact details directly to your mobile phone. Find out more about the "send to mobile" service.
- Click the "Send to address book" button below any result to add it to your Yell.com address book. Find out more about the Yell.com address book.
How are my results ordered?Our search engine will try and show you the most relevant businesses to your search on the first few pages. The relevance of a business is calculated on how well they match what you are looking for and how far away they are from where you have searched As you move through the result pages you will see your results becoming less relevant and further away.
What does the "Send to mobile" link below a company's details do?
You can send a company's contact details from a Yell.com search results page directly to your mobile phone by text message. To do this:
- On a search results page, click the "Send to mobile" link below your chosen company's details.
- You will be asked to register for this service, or to log in if you're already registered. Yell.com will send your chosen company's details to your mobile phone as a text message (or SMS).
- Please note a charge of 25p per message will be made to your mobile phone by your network provider for using the "Send to mobile" service.